I can’t believe how quickly 2015 has come and gone. It’s already 2016- I’ve been living in HK for over a year!
There are still so many things I have left to do before my time in HK comes to an end, the most important thing is obviously to finish my PhD and graduate!
Before I start stressing about what I need to get done this year, lets look back at some of my highlights for 2015:
- February 2015: I moved in with my boyfriend! – This is obviously a huge step for a relationship and I was nervous before we took the plunge, especially since we had only been together for 5 months. One year on though, I don’t regret my decision at all. Moving in together has showed us how compatible we are and whilst there are things that I nag him about (Do the dishes please!!!), nothing can compare to how happy we are to see each other after a stressful day.
- March 2015: Boyfriends 23rd birthday- I had to organise a birthday party with him which was extremely stressful! If anyone has experience trying to organise a group of PhD/MPhil students together at one place one time, you know how stressful it can be! Thankfully we were able to meet for a short while and we had a lovely hot pot dinner together before everyone rushed off back to uni.
- April 2015: Camping on Pui O Beach- I use the term ‘camping’ loosely… Essentially we stayed in Pui O overnight, the tents were purchased second hand and Arnav and I decided we didn’t want to stay in the tents as it may be a bit tight and it wasn’t the most comfortable place to sleep. We ended up staying up all night except for a short nap I had on Arnav as we sat and waited for sunrise.
- May 2015: Ray and Kate came to HK! – It was almost a year since I had seen my brother so it was really nice to see the both of them. Kate went hunting for a chinese bridal dress and was chuffed that she found one eventually!
- June 2015: Kittens! – We had the opportunity to take care of two incredibly cute and sweet little kittens. It was only for a short while but we fell in love with them and it was the happiest but also saddest experience when we had to give them to their new owners.
- December 2015: UK trip! – This was my first international trip with Arnav, plus his first trip outside Asia so it was incredibly special. I was ill the whole time but oh well. I was really happy that I got to meet up with some of my friends, although a little sad that I wasn’t able to meet everyone. There sadly was not enough time to see everyone. We had a really great trip though and I’m so glad Arnav got to come.
- December 2015: I got a sister! – Technically this is part of the UK trip, but its such a big thing that I will put it separately. My wonderful big brother got married to the woman of his dreams, which means I gained a big sister. I’m so happy for the both of them and can’t wait for nieces and nephews to start popping out!
Now that 2016 has already started I’ve got a whole lot of stuff to do! No new years resolutions as such- I never really stuck to resolutions anyway. I’m hoping that this year I will be able to at the very least submit a paper for my research and I have some conferences abroad to look forward to. Arnav and I will be moving again soon so hopefully we can make another wonderful place a home for the two of us! I also need to start getting back to blogging and/or vlogging. I really enjoy making videos but I sometimes just cannot get myself to edit them!